I had this client a few years ago. All of her food had to be gluten-free. Although I have a number of gluten-free recipes in my collection, she would ask for one particular dish over and over–and lots of it! She would want me to make 96 servings of my Turkey and Black Bean Chili for every monthly service for two years! All my clients love this chili–but I thought that was a little extreme. This recipe is based on that one–except there’s no beans and I use ground chicken.
hcg diet recipes – phase 2
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 3 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp Ancho chili powder
- 6 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 32 oz chicken broth (low sodium)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- salt to taste
- Spray a stock pot with Pam.
- Saute onion, garlic and jalapeno over medium high heat.
- Add cumin, chili powder and oregano.
- Add chicken and cook until nearly browned.
- Add diced tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro.