I started cooking from the New York Times Heritage Cookbook that I found in my parents’ kitchen when I was about 12 years old. What I love is the way the peppers and onions absorb the flavors of the orange juice and white wine. By the way, if at all possible, use freshly squeezed OJ. To this day, this is one of favorite recipes to make for my family and for when we have guests for dinner.
HCG Phase 3 Recipe
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 med onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 med green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 med red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- ¾ cup white wine
- ¾ cup orange juice
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and rub both sides with a little dry mustard.
- Add pork chops to pan and brown on both sides.
- Add sliced onion and bell peppers, garlic, orange juice and white wine.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until pork chops are done.