- 1 lbs baby spinach
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup pistachio nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash spinach well and pat dry.
- Toast pistachios in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat until slightly fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- Heat oil in a very large skillet. Add shallots and cook over high heat until translucent.
- Add lemon juice and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add half the spinach and cook over high heat until wilted, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Add remaining spinach. Cook, stirring, about 3 more minutes.
- Add lemon zest and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with pistachios.