What I love about this recipe is that it will work for you in Phase 2, Phase 3, and it makes a great family meal with just a few additions. For a P2 POP version, simply season the meat with salt, cumin, chili powder & garlic powder. Add peppers and onion for another P2 version. For a Phase 3-friendly version add 1/4 cup diced Pepper Jack Cheese. And for a meal your entire family will enjoy, add 1/4 cup of frozen corn and/or black beans.
- 1-1/2 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients and form into four burgers.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the burgers and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.