I make this even when I’m not on the hCG diet. My entire family enjoys this recipe. I don’t think I could get them to eat cauliflower any other way. When you’re craving potatoes on Phase 3, make this recipe.
- 1 lg Cauliflower
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Scallions
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- 6 slices bacon -- cooked very crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut out stem and core from cauliflower, and cut into small pieces.
- Cook in large pot of boiling water until cauliflower is tender, but not overly soft. Drain well and mash with potato masher, leaving some chunks.
- Mix in cream cheese, butter, sour cream, green onion, and parmesan cheese.
- Spread evenly in an 8 X 8 inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.