We all know the original hCG protocol has two meals per day–generally lunch and dinner. But sometimes I really want breakfast. On the days that I eat something substantial, like this omelet, I usually skip lunch, so that my calories are in line. It’s not in the recipe, but I love to season my omelet with Truffle Salt. I got mine at the Savory Spice Shop here in town, but I also found some online. Next time I’ll order it because it was much more expensive in the store!
|Egg White Omelet with Spinach||
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Scramble the egg whites lightly.
- Pour the egg whites into the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach on top of the egg and allow to cook until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Flip one half of the eggs over the other to form an omelet.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve.